Fits 2014 Mustang GT Manual Transmission Cars Produced After 7/1/2013 Only
How do I purchase and activate the Track Key Software?
- Purchase this item for the Track Key and software license on our website.
- We will send the Track Key, software license form, and dealer installation paperwork to you
- Take your 2014 Mustang GT Manual Transmission car, both keys, and the Track Key flash paperwork to your preferred Ford or Lincoln dealer. You do not have to take it to the dealer that sold you the car. Any Ford or Lincoln dealer can complete the installation.
- The dealer will take the Track Key paperwork you give them and use it to re-flash your car with their IDS diagnostic tools using the voucher ID for the software license and dealer instructions we sent you. Ford recommends that you be charged about 1 hour for labor but some dealers charge for more time than others. The dealer is instructed in the paperwork to contact the Tech Center to register the installation with Ford for your vehicle's warranty records.
- Pick-up your car and enjoy. The set of customer instructions that we send you as part of the paperwork are to be retained by you for reference on how to use the various Track Key features.
INSTALLATION AND USAGE SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT VOID THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY
Track Key is a 50 state emission legal aftermarket engine performance software
upgrade for the 2014 Mustang GT. It is not compatible with any other model year vehicle.
Track Key must be installed exclusively through US and Canadian
Ford and Lincoln Dealers. Special equipment and training is required to
install the Track Key software.
Recommended Installation/Labor Time: 1 hour. (Some dealers charge more than others)
Track Key has been designed to optimize your 2014 Mustang GT Manual Transmission car for track use and uses
many of the same software algorithms and features employed in some of
our Ford Racing turn-key race cars, such as the Boss 302R, Boss 302S,
and Cobra Jet. In addition, Track Key also allows you to maintain the
smooth driveability of the production car just by switching ignition
Whenever the Track Key is used to start the vehicle, many engine
control characteristics are changed to be more suitable for track use.
- Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (TiVCT)
- Engine braking
- Ignition timing
- Wide-Open Throttle fueling
- Accelerator pedal map
- Idle speed
- Throttle response
In addition, the following Ford Racing unique features are added to the vehicle abilities when the Track Key is used:
Its simple: You hold two keys: Either will start your 2014 Mustang GT. Slide the first one into the lock cylinder, give it a twist and youre treated
to your stock driving setup. Or choose the
Track Key and you have a track-ready car.
- Driver adjustable Launch Control, or "2-step engine speed limiting"
- Driver adjustable Pit Lane Speed Control
- Lopey idle (idle is as lopey as possible while still being 50 state emissions legal)
"From an engine management standpoint, Ford Racing has
done just about everything possible to give Track Key users a full race
car experience," explains Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer. "Its not intended for use on the street for example, the deceleration
is set up to preserve the brakes, and the throttle response is very
aggressive. A skilled driver on a closed course will really appreciate
As part of the Track Key software package, Ford engineers
also devised a launch control feature similar to that used on the Cobra
Jet race car. Using a combination of steering wheel buttons, drivers can
set the tachometer needle to a desired launch rpm. Floor the throttle
and the engine will rev to the preset rpm until the clutch is released,
helping aid acceleration and vehicle control from a standing start.One key, hundreds of changes
Track Key introduces the concept known as the dual-path
powertrain control module. The industry-first, patent-pending innovation
allows two separate sets of engine management software to exist on a
single PCM, selected through the existing SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft
System (PATS) transceiver found in current production keys.
The Track Key PCM software, installed by an authorized Ford
dealer after a customer takes delivery of the car, adjusts variable cam
timing, spark maps, engine braking, fuel control, throttle response and
other engine parameters more than 600 in total to provide a
complete race car calibration. The result is an aggressive, race-bred
driving experience all the way down to the lopey idle rumbling the exhaust. It is not compatible to any other model year Mustang.
"Anything that could possibly affect all-out performance
is deleted from the Track Key calibration," said Dave Pericak, Mustang
chief engineer. "Throttle limiting and torque management and any daily
drivability enhancements are removed and replaced with a pure Ford
Racing competition calibration."
When Track Key is removed and the vehicle is started with
the standard key, the PCM settings are automatically drawn from the
factory Mustang GT instruction set again without any additional
modifications needed a huge advantage over aftermarket tuning chips
and ECU reprogramming. The convenience is useful for enthusiasts who
want all-out performance at the racetrack but stock drivability for
their everyday driving.